Thursday, November 15, 2012

Let's talk about color.

When I owned my WP7, I often found myself frustrated at the lack of color options for my tiles. I'm an artist and a proud freak for color. In my home I have a yellow kitchen, a red diningroom, a green livingroom, a chocolate brown guestroom, and my daughter's room is a gorgeous blue steel. Color is a big deal for me. Different colors evoke different emotions and trigger memories. For example, when we see red and green coupled, we automatically think winter holidays, specifically Christmas. On the other hand, when we see gold, red, orange, and brown, we think of Autumn and the holidays therein. Colors do things to us. The world is filled with color for a reason.

So, having only ten or so color options from the WP7 was a bit disappointing. These still provided a lot of customization options, and the given colors were gorgeous. But having TWENTY fantastic colors to choose from for my WP8?? IT'S AMAZING.

One color I really wanted was yellow. And WP8 delivers two shades of yellow: a more neon yellow, and more golden yellow. They've also added four varients of blue, two pinks, two reds, four greens, two browns, two purples, and an amazing shade called "steel" that is a mostly grey hue with just a touch of blue. (My husband loves "steel".)

With these color options, and the resizing options of tiles (which I'll get into in another post), my start screen is filled with vibrancy and life. It is a true pleasure to slide up past my Lock Screen and soak up the color on my screen. Here's the color options available to WP8 owners:

No comments:

Post a Comment